Chateau Lynch-Bages is located at the entrance of Pauillac, where the vines are overlooking the Gironde estuary on a very fine gravelly plateau.
The vineyard was established in the 16th Century but it is only in the 18th Century that the great wine history began when Chevalier Pierre Drouillard, Treasurer General of Guyenne purchased the estate from Bernard Déjean in 1728. When he died in 1749, the property was passed into the Irish Lynch family as his daughter Elizabeth who inherited the estate was married to Thomas Lynch. Then, the Chateau was acquired by Jean-Charles Cazes in 1934 who was also the owner of Chateau Les Ormes de Pez in Saint-Estephe. Today, Chateau Lynch-Bages is still run by the Cazes family.